Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kitchen Remodel Continues

This week, we've made some real progress. Half the of the kitchen was completely emptied - floor to ceiling.
Mike laid the backer board, I laid the tile...


{I chose a nice Pinot Beige tile and No, I have still not chosen any paint yet} BTW - I'm pretty bad-ass with this tile wet saw, yeah, that's right. Bad Ass.


The Cabinet assembly has started. They are espresso stained oak.


And the Custom kit for the fancy Fridge/Freezer was a pain in the ass. But it does look sweet, and it will be sweeter when I get to turn it on.








Mike says he's hit his head on these lights 45 times. {I lost track of the count after 15} And every time he hits his head, I say "Don't rip them out!" When his head hits 50 - he says he's ripping them {insert cuss words of your choice} out. I hope this handy homemade hideous tie back helps. {Fashioned out of a power cord that Mike may or may not find that he needs}


On a sidebar... the tankless hot water heater died. RIP Titan 2200. American Home Shield sent me a plumber who made my home is first tankless installation {thanks again for that AHS}, which he then dragged out 3 weeks. Remodeling is hard enough without taking away my hot water too.


Since I had to clear out the last of the cabinets, where will all the first aid live? {I had a kitchen drawer devoted to it} I have to bandage someone up daily here. Nurse Daphne lives on from a cardboard box of supplies now. PS - Snoopy band-aids make all wounds instantly better, unless you're Mike.


And on a final sad note: The Keurig had to move into the 1/2 bath. Now it's like I live in a hotel with nicer beds that I have to make myself.


The rest of the kitchen cabinets get evicted tonight, stay tuned.

Daphne Ellenburg is a budding photography business owner in Southern Alabama with a supportive family and a new fancy-pants in home studio. She loves college football, big handbags, lip gloss and all things Olympus. Daphne also enjoys writing about her Photo-Adventures and her entertaining family. Catch up with her at Ellenburg Photography {Website} {Facebook} {Blog}

Ellenburg Photography's award winning photographer, Daphne Ellenburg, specializes in Wedding Photography and Family Portraiture. We are located just north of Mobile Alabama. We proudly serve all of Alabama, and Gulfcoast Florida, Mississippi and Louisiana. (251) 656-7601

No comments:

Post a Comment