Friday, December 31, 2010

35, day 37 Happy New Year


Happy New Year. Welcome 2011.
I rung in the new year with my Ellenburg Babes and Super-Duper Husband, Mike. Stayed in together on a this rainy Holiday night.
123110 NYE-05
123110 NYE-04
123110 NYE-03
123110 NYE-02
Made everyone wear a goofy hat, had a few cocktails and rung in the new year with sparkling Grape Juice with my babes minus "needs her beauty rest Madison." Kids will toast to anything. Mike toasts to 2011, Prosperity, full pockets and full bellies.
123110 NYE-08
The boys toasted to World Peace, the Groundhog, Speedy internet downloads and Less Homework. Mike told the boys that it's bad luck to toast with an empty glass. Jackson quickly drank all his juice so he could bail out on the endless toasting by Grant. I quickly refilled his glass. It was a fun early early morning.

Old Wise tail says that how you spend today is how you will spend the entire year. That's kind of scary. In fact, that brings on the new year pressures. The more I thought about it, the more I planned for it. I cleaned my house, washed every dish and piece of clothes on 12/31 - why chance it? I thought about all the things I hate to do and did them yesterday. I went to the grocery store, donated somethings from the attic Mike says will fall on our heads if I continue to fill it, hung some drapes and took out the garbage.
If this holds true for the bad, then there are some things I should do today... Drink 8 glasses of water, take some vitamins, run a mile, count my carbs and hold my tongue at least every 3rd time. But What do I want to do? I want to snap some photos and edit them. I want to cuddle up with my little family and watch the Tide Roll through the bowl game. I want to take a nap. I want to watch a movie. I want to paint my nails. I want to stay home all day. Simple things are the best things, the most relaxing. I'd like to enjoy the things I've worked so hard for in 2011 instead of working so hard for the next thing. Hoping for a slower more relaxing year for the Ellenburgs filled with the Good Health, Prosperity and full pockets and bellies. Hoping the same for you. Much good health, prosperity and blessings to all.
123110 NYE-06

No comments:

Post a Comment